Besides soups and curries, hearty pastas are some of my favorite things to make. There is something incredibly satisfying about a warm bowl of pasta especially when it is gloomy outside. Anyways, I thought I would whip up a belly-warming pasta to start off my week.
What you need:
Pasta (any sort will do)
Bunch of kale
4 smaller sized mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic
4 slices of bacon
1/4 cup of pasta water (make sure you save it)
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Get two pots of water boiling on your stove top. One is for the pasta and the other is for softening your kale. Once both are boiling cook your pasta as instructed on the box and add your chopped and de-stemmed kale to the other!
2. Chop up your bacon, mushrooms and garlic and add it to a pan to start cooking and browning up.
3. Once your kale is cooked- it will be a bright green color and the toughness in the leaves will be gone, drain them and add them to the pan with the bacon, mushrooms and garlic.
4. After the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan with the other ingredients and ladle some pasta water into pan as well.
5. At this point, add a bit of olive oil and salt/pepper/red pepper flake to taste.
6. Stir in your Parmesan cheese (be generous), serve while hot and garnish with more cheese!
*This whole meal took under 30 minutes and came out absolutely delicious. It is a great alternative to pasta and red sauce!