Being from California, Tacos are one of my go to meals- especially when I am craving something small and relatively light. Usually I go for a Mission style taco that is filled with meat and fresh garnish- a pretty simple recipe all around- but today I did some impromptu taco making with the ingredients I already had in my pantry and fridge.
What you need:
Eye of round steak, cut into strips
1 can of refried beans, drained
Guacamole, see recipe here
1/8 of a red onion, diced
1 bunch of cilantro, leaves picked off
1 tsp of Adobo seasoning
1 tsp of cumin
Pinch of ancho chili or chili powder
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp of veg oil
1. Cut your beef into strips and put in a bowl to marinade with the Adobo, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and oil. Cover in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for as long as possible.
2. Drain your pinto beans and heat up in a small pot with a tiny bit of liquid (water) and garlic salt. Heat through.
3. In a hot pan, cook your marinated beef until fully cooked.
4. Make your guac, prep your cilantro and onions.
5. Time to assemble! Place your corn tortillas on a plate, then some beans, steak, guac, onions, and finally cilantro.